Date(s) - 02/27/2021
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
EMERGENCY MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESOURCE GROUP, INC. (EMERG)
BLS (CPR) / ACLS Instructor Course
This American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor Course provides registrants with the knowledge and background to become an effective AHA Instructor in the specific disciplines. The AHA requires that Instructor be at least 18 years of age to teach ACLS courses and must be licensed or certified in a healthcare occupation where such skills are within the scope of practice. CPR instructors should be knowledgeable and have a current AHA CPR card.
Who Should Attend
The Ideal instructor candidate is motivated to; teach, facilitate learning and ensure students acquire the skills necessary for successful course completion. The ideal instructor candidate views student assessment as a way to improve individual knowledge and skills.
In order to become an ACLS Instructor you must have the following:
1. Current ACLS Provider card
2. Current American Heart Association BLS Healthcare Provider CPR card
3. You must take the ACLS Instructor essentials course online (There is an additional cost for this item, approx $30-$40).
4. You must take an instructor led course (this course)
5. You must be aligned with an American Heart Association Training Center (if you do not have a TC, you might be eligible to align with my TC. Contact me for details)
In order to become a BLS (CPR) Instructor you must have the following:
1. Current CPR card
2. You must complete the online specific portion of the instructor’s essential (BLS). (There is an additional cost for this item, approx $30-$40.)
3. You must take an instructor led course (this course)
4. You must be aligned with an American Heart Association Training Center (if you do not have a TC, you might be eligible to align with my TC. Contact me for details)
You must be monitored teaching a course within 6 months of completing the training. The monitoring fee is included with your registration. You must also have equipment, books, DVD and instructor manuals in order to teach the course.
If you are attending multiple instructor courses such as the BLS and ACLS instructor course, you need to register for ALL classes and have the instructor material for ALL classes.
Registration is closed for this event.